Duke, NCSU, and UNC-CH jointly offer a wide variety of academic degrees.
- Asian & Middle Eastern Studies (Duke)
- Asian Studies (UNC Chapel Hill)
- International and Area Studies (UNC Chapel Hill)
- International Comparative Studies (Duke)
- International Studies (NCSU)
- Undergraduate Certificate in East Asian Studies (Duke)
- Graduate Certificate in East Asian Studies (Duke)
- Minor in Japanese Studies (NCSU)
PhD candidates should apply directly to the most relevant home department, (History, Political Science, Anthropology, etc.) For a list of possible advisors, please see our Faculty page. For a list of current PhD students, please see our Graduate Students page.
For information on our Japanese language programs, please contact the following:
- Duke University: Hitomi Endo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian & Middle Eastern Studies
- NCSU: John Mertz, Associate Professor of Japanese, Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
- UNC: Mark Driscoll, Associate Professor of Asian Studies, or Yuko Kato, Lecturer, Asian Studies Department